Friday, June 21, 2013

Steelspine takes the field

Finally got Joey out to the house for a game. He limped up the the table in good spirits as always, and laid out a Skaven list to challenge the Nurgle filth.

His rats put up the fight, but had some really bad luck. Skaven style rolls kicked in and his dice killed no less than 3 of his units. His cannon blew up, and off the board turn 1. One unit of slaves fled 11 inches, right off the board, and another fled and didn't stop. So that was 2 units of slaves, 2 casters in them, and a cannon I didn't have to deal with. Add to that 2 consecutive misfires with his remaining cannon, and the dice didn't go his way.

All that said though, it was a really close game. The ending score was me pulling his whole army off the table, and him taking about 800 points off of me, out of 2500. BUT, even though that sounds really lopsided it wasn't. One of my Chimeras only had 1 wound left, and the daemon prince only had 2 left also. That would have been another 700+ points. And his shooting could easily have done it. It was a dice game, I really think that a few good rolls in his direction would have shown me with my tail between my legs.

I know now to look out for smaller hard shooting units. They can make a mess, quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment